Monday, June 1, 2015

YOU REALLY BELIEVE THIS??

A lot has happened. It was a busy week...

FIRST OFF. THANK YOU THANK YOU McCall Longson and Kristin Christensen for the packages!!!!!!!! I died with joy and feeling sick from all the candy! Stuff I haven't tasted in so long like a starburst, recees peanut butter cups, kisses, snickers, orbit gum.....thanks guys your the best. 

This last week we decided to visit a family of members. As with all families they needed a spiritual boost. We walked into their door at about 7:00 p.m. Ya know in some houses you can just feel the tension? Well I felt it right as the door opened. The son was yelling at his mom because he didn't like the dress shirt she bought him. The daughter was with two other friends but they were all glued to their cell phones. The mom was lounged on the couch and the dad was getting ready for work. TYPICAL FAMILY. We sat down and tried to break the ice a little bit. But it came to a point where either we needed to share something or get out of there. I secretly just wanted to leave because I was feeling really uncomfortable with the angry son. Luckily my comp had a little more patience than I did and looked at me with the Restoration pamphlet in her hand. Fine I thought we are going to teach them the Restoration, but lets do it quick. 

We began the lesson. They were kind of listening but not that interested. Then we got to the Joseph Smith part. My comp was explaining it when the angry son looked at us and said "YOU REALLY BELIEVE THIS?" We answered "SI" We then began to share how we came to know it was true. The whole church how could it be true? We all came to a realization that you just need to PRAY that is the only thing each one of us can do. The 19 year old member who was with us shared her testimony as well of how she found the truth and finished in tears. The Spirit was SO STRONG. I felt it, my comp felt it, the member felt it. We left the family with lifted spirits that night. And I learned a lesson. The members need as much help as our investigators. 

Wednesday came. We received a call from Hermana Rowley saying that she was in Tumbes and wanted to do visits with us that afternoon...We were excited but also a little nervous. We did splits because we had another member with us too. So I visited with Hermana Rowley, she was my comp for 3 hours how cool is that! The first hour no one was home....I thought shoot...just my luck. I prayed to be able to find at least one person to teach while I was with Hermana Rowley. Finally the less actives let us in! (they always save us) haha. 

HAVE YOU EVER HAD YOUR MISSION PRESIDENT AS AN INVESTIGATOR??

The next day we had room inspections with President and Hermana Rowley. As you can imagine we were up the night before cleaning our room until we couldn't any longer....i don't like room inspections. But it went well! They gave us an A. Then President Rowley said "We wanted to do something different this time, we are going to do a practice with you." He looked at our agendas and chose an investigator to act out. Then we had to teach President  and Hermana Rowley but as "Jose and Doris" our investigators. TALK about nerve racking ahaha! They praised us and said we did great! Phew we passed that one.. 

We also had intercambios this last week I went 30 minutes away to a tiny little beach town with Hermana Ramirez from Trujillo. It was great, and I learned a lot from her! 
I was shoved in the back of the van today between two  men. I gave a mormon.org card to one of
 them but then he just wanted to get my number........sigh.

That was my busy week! How was your week?

Love you alll!!!!! 
This church is true if you are like the teenage boy and don't know it but are a member, don't live a moment longer without asking God. Just do it! All you need is to kneel and Pray! 


xoxo hermana stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment