Tuesday, June 30, 2015

ASK and LISTEN (And Try and Find a Quite Room!)

We had transfers and guess what.......I will die in Tumbes! No suprise! Hermana Garcia is my new companion!!!!!!!! She is awesome and I am super super excited to be with her! She has been out 14 months. She is from Lima. 

This last week was full of great last times with Hermana Macias. She is off to Mexico and I will miss her terribly! 

We had intercambios this last week. I went with Hermana Maidana from Argentina. It was probably the worst intercambio I have ever had haha. First of all she got sick from eating lunch so we stayed in the room until 6 p.m. We finally left our room when Hermana Maidana realized she forgot the keys! Since we are in South America everything is caged in here (windows, your house etc) because of the robbers. So we couldn't leave the house because the bottom door was locked!! We had to wait for the family to get home to give us a spare key, but by the time they got home it was time to go to bed. Sometimes we don't know why things happen, but I know that God knows. Who know there could have been something dangerous that day that we would have run into and God was just protecting us? What do you think??'

I finished the Book of Mormon this week! Whoop! Cumpli con mi meta!! As I finished I knelt down and prayed in our room one morning. I tried to do it in a moment that  I couldn't hear the street music blaring downstairs, but it was almost imposible. I asked God for the 50th time if the Book of Mormon was true. As I prayed I felt just peace, calm, and warm. I felt like I was in the temple. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I don't need a huge answer to know it, but through the spirit we can all know of the truth. I invite you all to ask God if it is true tonight.   ASK and LISTEN ( and try to find a quiet room).

While I was waiting for Hermana Garica to come I stayed with Hermana Dionicio from California. It's always way too fun when there are two gringas together. We laugh alllll day long and make fun of one another. Today we went to some cool place and took pictures of the dock, on the car ride over I felt like I was on a safari traveling in who knows where. In moments like these I realize how much I love this place! It is so cool. Peru is a different world. 

Anyway I love you all! Have the best week! Pray for us to find new investigators!

Hermana Stringham 

No comments:

Post a Comment