Tuesday, July 1, 2014

I am doing great in Sullana........

Buenas Tardes EVERYONE!
I don't know who takes the time to read my emails. But I hope I write something interesting for ya´ll. I really feel the power of prayer in my mission. When I have the lowest of moments I pray and pray. I always have my companion to talk to but more importantly I have a Savior who knows me perfectly. He gives me everthing I need. All the joys, the pains, the blessings he gives me because he loves me. And he wants the BEST for me.
I have been reading in 1 Nephi this week. Nephi had a job that seemed almost impossible. The Lord commanded him to construct a ship. And what did he do? Just that. The journey in the sea was not easy. There were storms and winds but in the end Nephi reached the promised land with his family. I know that we all have a promised land. But before we reach the promised land hail, rain, and storms will try to stop us. At times we will be lost. Our liahona won't work, because we lack faith and we forget God. If we remain diligent we will be rewarded. The promised land isn't a new car, more money, clothes, popularity. It is something we can all receive, the rich and the poor. It is a place in the mansions above. This is our promised land. I am trying to do all that I can to reserve my spot in His kingdom. 
We had stake conference this last week. My mission president spoke and asked the congration ´´Por que vino aqui?´´ He asked us all why we chose to come here tonight. I began thinking more in depth of why I chose to serve a mission. I know I am in the right place. I have never once regretted my decision to come to serve the Lord. I am on the Lord's errand. 

Well things are great in Sullana. Renato...Renato (13 yrs old). Three days before his baptism he said he had received his answer, he knows this church is true but he feels like it's not his time. My heart kind of sunk. I know he will be baptized. As much as I want to dunk him in the water, he has his agency. He is still comming to church and reading the Book of Mormon. We will see him on Wednesday. I am going to ask him if this isn't his time, THEN WHEN IS? Hahaha don't worry I will be a little more kinder than that. After we received the bad news Hermana Rios and I were kind of bummed so we stopped at the tienda and bought some chocolate for the long walk home. 
Alenjandro. Still has his baptismal date for July 12, but is still waiting for an answer. This next Sunday we are going to fast for him. He really is someone special. He has so much potential.
Ricoberto, wants to be baptized so bad but first he needs to talk to his wife because they aren't married. Evertime we ask him if he has talked to her he makes up an excuse.
Hiara is 9 years old. She and her mom want to be baptized but she is terribly afraid of the water! Her dad is a member. All we are waiting for is Hiara to say she is ready :)
We had EIGHT investigators attend stake conference. My new record. 
I am doing great in Sullana! My comp says ´´hola´´ to all my peeps.
Love you all!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for your prayers!
Hermana Stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment