Monday, December 15, 2014

ANTS EVERYWHERE



This is what I mean by ANTS EVERYWHERE!!!!


I got to see my mom and Analy yesterday in the meeting! What a joy! 

 Well hola!

Wow time flies here in the mission! I can't believe I hit my 10 month mark. When I tell people I have been out for 10 months they say something in spanish like oh you are on the downhill climb. It doesn't feel like it at all. 

Anyway I am grateful for the power of the priesthood. This last week my companion shook me and yelled my name in the middle of the night. I woke up and was like what on earth happened? She had a worried look and was sweating heavily. She told me about a nightmare she had, and then about how she felt something dark in our room. Well that just kind of startled me. Our pencionista came to the rescue at 1 in the morning to help my companion calm down. She did something weird to my companion. Then she left. We were fine. I kept my calm. I knew we were fine. But to feel better I pulled my mattress (top bunk) on the floor and slept by Hermana Guachalla. After saying a prayer we tried to go back to bed  listening to hymns. It was then I realized I am alone in this apartment with just another girl my age, but I knew God was protecting us. The next day the Elders dedicated our apartment. Since then we having felt anything weird. I didn't believe in this kind of stuff before now, but I realize the influence of Satan is real and he wants to do everything to ruin us. Because we are having success right now! 

 Right now we have 2 investigadores with a baptismal date for December 25. Hermana Carola and Hermana Andrea.  I am so happy for them. Both come to church every week alone and are so excited for their baptisms :) 


Elder Uceda came to Piura yesterday. He was awesome. He told us some rules. First is we should divide wards!! The church here in Peru is on 57 years old. When we have a strong ward and then divide it we have to start all over again and we lose many many members. The problem in Peru is activation. Out of 100 members here in Peru only 17 remain active. I never knew that missionary work is actually a lot of less active work. 

Tomorrow we have zone conference with President and Hermana Rowley. It should be good but I haven't had time to study any of the material or prepare a talk...wish me luck! I have learned to just "fake it till you make it" in the mission. I don't know if that is such a good thing. 

I love you all! I am missing the Christmas snow fall and music. But I am trying to feel the spirit in Christmas in other things like serving God's children. 
pancakes on top of pancakes
This cat meows at us every night. Hey at least someone wants us. 

I hope you all have a fun holliday filled week!! 

Hermana Stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment