Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter


Happy Easter! Or Santa Sena here.
They don't really celebrate Easter like we do. I don't really know what they do just fiesta and drink I think--the usual. I didn't even know it was Easter, so my Sunday was just like any other. But oh how I love my Savior. I feel so much closer to Him. I understand the Atonement. I really did not comprehend the Atonement before my mission. But He really did die for me. He gave his life for me. I owe everything to Him. ´´I Stand All Amazed´´ truly.
This week was probably the best yet! We reached all of our goals! We work so hard with the less actives because there are SO many here. We have gotten two less actives to come back to church. I don`t even know how many we teach a week. We also found a lot of investigators this past week. Investigators with serious problems. One is suicidal because her husband cheated on her. Another is an acoholic who cried to us about how his family is suffering because of him and he wants to change but can't. Another has denge fever. Another`s son died. Wow so many people are suffering. I feel so blessed. All I have to worry about is learning a new language and teaching a lesson! Though it may feel sometimes discouraging and hard, I have nothing to complain about. I truly believe that the gospel brings so many blessings. I know that if these people will accept the gospel in their lives they can be so much happier.
´´Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until Heaven, but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.´´ --Jeffry R. Holland
There are so many blessing linked with living the gospel I know it and I see it. Embrace this gospel with all your heart and blessings will pour out upon you. But they are in God's timing. Everything is in his timing and his plan so trust in Him who knows all.
Sarah and Sister Roper
We had inter cambios this last week! Remember that girl's blog who I stalked before my mission?? Hermana Roper. Well I was paired with her!! We went to her area (Sullanas).  Wow it was like a little vacation on the mission. I got to speak my mother language and talk all day and all night. She was so fun to be with and I learned a lot from our little ´´sleepover.´´ Two white girls walking the streets of Peru though was a little bit sketchy at night so we went home a little early because we didn't have an appointment. God watches out for us missionaries I know it. 
I love my people at home! Thank you for your love and prayers! I feel of your love every second.
Hermana Stringham

No comments:

Post a Comment