Monday, April 27, 2015

I AM WEAK SAUCE WITHOUT MY GOD!

Buenas Tardes!!!

I am learning to eat a lot more sea food. This last week I ate shrimp quish (how do you spell that?) and lobster soup...the next day we went to a different members house and they gave us two full plates. One plate was half rice and half potatoes with chicken, the other was basil spaghetti with potatoes and a cheese sauce. CARB LOVERS OVER HERE. My comp and I hobbled out of the house feeling a little full that day. What can ya do? 

Out of no where we have so many member references it is awesome! We are still in search for new investigators but God is helping us. I held my second English Class and it went great. Everyone here is pumped to learn English! Our investigator Soledad brought another 2 friends which was awesome. If you are a missionary out there TEACH ENGLISH. For as much as I don't like and don't know how to teach English it is a key to finding and helping your investigators progress more. 

I had my last interview with President Rowley this last week :( He and Hermana Rowley only have 9 weeks left. I have learned so much from them. We have an awesome system going on right now in the mission called Alma and Amulek. Alma was a missionary and Amulek was a member. If you all remember the story right Alma went to the town of Amoniah to preach but had no success so he returned home, on his way home an angel appeared and said sorry man but you got to go back to Amoniah your work isn't finished. So he reluctantly returned, but this time he was accompanied by a member Amulek. The two left and preached and testified until they baptized many. WITHOUT THE HELP OF MEMBERS THIS WORK IS DRY. So I encourage each and everyone of you to go out with the missionaries. I was so dumb to have not done it before my missionary. But DO IT. and Give them references. You know your people in Holladay Utah. The poor missionaries don't even know where island flavor is. WE (members) are the Liahona in the work. 

Not only does this system work to find new investigators but we are finding that as we ask less actives to use the Alma and Amulek system the less actives are reactivating because if they are going to invite someone to church they to have to go to church. We have been visiting members, less actives, and recent converts every week to set missionary goals with them. Then the next week we check up to see how it went. 

Today I was reading the Book of Mormon Alma 26:12 
Yea, I know that I am nothing as to my strength I am weak, therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in His strength I can do all things

It´s my new favorite scripture. I am nothing I am the weak sauce Hermana Stringham without my God and Savior. He makes me strong. 

I love you all!!!!!!

p.s. we went to the Equador border today. I didn't cross, but Satan tempted me......

No comments:

Post a Comment