Monday, November 10, 2014

Happy Halloween and Birthday to Me!

My Comp Decorated my Room
 Nov 3, 2014 
The Agguire Family Wishing Me Happy Birthday!
Abby Jones thank you for your letter!!!!!!!! I haven't read it yet but I will tonight. And Hannah I finally got your letter!!!!!!! I loved it so much! It made my day. I am sorry I forgot you are 6 years old! Man time flies fast. You can write so good! I am so impressed! I will write you back soon! 

First of all they don't celebrate Halloween here because they all think it is evil. Kind of a blow. To celebrate my companion and I bought hamburgers and dressed up in our apartment and took a few photos..pretty classy. THOM happy birthday the other day! Can't believe you are 30??????? wow. I don't like being 20 either I feel for ya.

I had a great birthday by the way! On Saturday Analy (who I always talk about..from my first area in Piura) suprised me and drove all the way to Sullana with the whole Agguire Family! 14 of them! Can you believe it. I was blown away. It's about a 45 minute drive, and the WHOLE intire family came. They baked an enormous chocolate cake (my fav). It was so great to see their family again. (My old bishop, pencionista, and best friends in Piura).  On Sunday I woke up to the room decorated thanks to my companion. We had a lovely time at church. I bore my testimony. Then we ate at a members house who also had her birthday that same day! We ate more chocolate cake....The Ortiz's invited us to dinner. So we ate with them too and I had yet another chocolate cake. 3 CHOCOLATE CAKES. I scored big yesterday. 


Today we had a zone activity. We played volleyball in the scourching sun. Then everyone threw eggs in my hair. It's a tradition. But yeah it was yucky and my fingers and hair smell eggy still.....what can ya do. Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes! I opened up my email today and it is filled with emails! I know I won't have time to read them all right now but THANK YOU THANK YOU. It means a lot!!!!  

Mission work is going great! We are inviting everyone to be baptized, 3 more people accepted a baptism this last week but none of them came to church....sigh. We are not losing our faith. 

One tip for you all if you come to Peru. Never get ready. Don't do your hair or makeup. It is dangerous. I rarely straighten my hair because bad things come of it, like drunk men. Just a precaution. 

I am sorry I don't have a ton of time today because I have so many letters to read but I love you all and I am doing just dandy! I can't tell you all how much I love the Book of Mormon and this gospel. Two of my favorite things. Ya'll are the third. just kidding. 

xoxo Hermana Stringham 



My comp made this sign for me - Big Foot

Our Halloween Costumes



The part of the cake that is messed up ended up on my face - Another tradition!





No comments:

Post a Comment