Monday, November 10, 2014

Everyday here the sun shines whether you want it to or not.....


Hola Familllliiaaa y Amigoooos. 

How is everything back at home? Not much happened this week but things are going good as always. The week started out great with an intercambio with Hermana Child! Yes an American. Full English. That's a huge blessing right there! I love intercambios. I get to feel somewhat normal. I can talk about whatever comes into my mind! And Hermana Child cut my hair! Yayyy! I've gone a whole 9 months without a haircut, and let's just say it was a much NEEDED cut. My hair is so dried out and damaged because of the sun. 

We had one of those days this week, where you just fight every bit to not sit down in the sand. Thursday. We left the apartment at 3:00 p.m. met up with a member and headed on out to our appointments. DOOR after DOOR was busy or not home. We walked and walked and walked for 2 1/2 hours. My feet were all jelly and I felt like I was going to fall over on top of my companion. But we kept going. We all have days or times in life where God gives us trials or makes us walk a billion miles. But ya know what, these days are some of the best because we can show our Heavenly what we are made of. I'm not going to let Him see me give up. We came home that night exhuasted but feeling satisfied. Maybe we didn't have very many lessons but we did our part, and that is all that matters. 

The investigadores....are well progressing kind a... Not one of them came to church yesterday. Which means that two of the baptismal dates we set won't go through, but I haven't lost the faith! 

Today is P Day. The name just of P Day just makes me smile. It was a great day. We got permission to leave Sullana and go to Catacoas! It is the most touristy part of Piura. They sell a bunch of cool Peruvian souveneers. It kind of hurts though to go there, because I want to buy everything but I've got no room in my bags! So I had to go with the small items. Then we went and ate pizza at Papa Johns! It's been a while since I've had pizza...so I ate 5 pieces. Rightfully So

This week Elder Evans of the Seventy is coming to Piura. I think he is over all of the missionary work in the world so it should be awesome. Our WHOLE entire mission gets to go! We never have meetings like this with everyone so it's a pretty big deal. I can't wait. We have been asked to fast, prepare a talk, and study a lot in preparation to be able to recieve revelation. 






Everyday here the sun shines whether you want it to or not it never fails. I feel like a maniac pedestrian because we literally cross the street in zig zags just to walk in the little tiny shade that the houses provide. I don't want skin cancer. 

I love you all a lot. I have been blessed beyond measure. I challenge you to NEVER DOUBT A PROMPTING. This is my challenge to myself this week. 

xoxo Hermana Stringham 


No comments:

Post a Comment