Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Blistering Heat - The poor members have to suffer with us.

Hola Familia y Amigos!....(p.s. I can't say the word familia, my whole mission I have struggled with this word, I feel like I say it fine but the people don't understand me when I say it. Good thing I use this word everyday...not)

Another week has flown by! Where does time even go. This next Sunday I will have been out 8 months! I can't believe it. 

So I didn't see conference this weekend. But I hear it was great! There were elections yesterday and Saturday and it is a law that church cannot be held because everyone is forced to vote. There was a bunch of campaigning this week. The people ride in their little motos waving their flags and shouting, it was pretty great. But I did see the Sunday morning session at a members house! I loved Elder Eyring's talk on receiving revelation. We all need to earnestly seek for revelation in our lives. I am trying hard to receive more revelation in my life for the people we are teaching. I will get to see the rest of it hopefully this weekend! It's a little bit harder to understand for me in spanish. I understand spanish, but the translators talk so fast. When I am trying to take notes and listen my mind gets a little lost. Pray that I will understand it all. 

This past week...
We didn't have water one day so we showered with wet wipes.gross. 

There were a lot of days filled of walking. Somedays no one is home! It is a little frustrating. I think this is when Satan tries to work on us the most. We become discouraged and the blistering heat doesn't help give us more energy either. This last week the members even helped us! But no one was home. The poor members have to suffer with us. 

However there are always happy days and tender mercies. One of them being an old man named Jorge. I love this man. He is like my grandpa. His wife recently died and he is always thinking about her, it breaks my heart. We walk past his house everyday and everyday he shouts "Suerte!!!! MAMALINDA" He calls me his mamalinda haha. I need to send you a picture of my best friend Jorge. He always lifts me up when I feel down. All I need to do is talk to him, then I feel great! 

Remember Ricoberto? We have been teaching his daughter Jackeline. And she accepted a baptismal date for November 1! But she moved this last week so we are going to have to pass her off the different Elders. 

My testimony of prayer this last week has grown. I have been trying to make my prayers more specific. I have been praying that Alejandro would be able to find work in Sullana so he could attend church, and walllahhh he did! I see God's hand in my life more than ever. I am grateful that he listens to the gringa in Sullana. 

We have been teaching 3 women (2 sisters and a friend). Their names are Clowdia, Silvia, and Wendy. The are hilarious and very interested in the church. We had a really great lesson about the plan of salvation. We asked them to be baptized. They said they would think and pray about it. After the lesson Hermana Valencia said "Your brothers are the key to our baptisms!" Hahaha. During the lesson I showed them a picture of my family and yeah they interested in my brothers. Sam and Steve I've got you two set. No worries boys.  

I love this gospel and I love feasting on it everyday! Being a missionary is the best. Have the best week! 

xoxo hermana stringham 
sorry I didn't take any pictures this week. stay tuned for next week

No comments:

Post a Comment