Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I have the DESIRE and that´s all I need!









#sistermissionaryprobs same clothes same day. Coincidence I think not.

Hola Amigos y Familia!

I got my shoes and partriarchal blessing. THANK YOU. Both are things that you probably don´t want to forget on the mission so it was a grand day when I received that package :) Tell Judy Stone I saw President and Sister Borg at the MTC. Sister Borg is Judy´s cousin. They are the mission presidents in the Lima, Central mission. I didn´t think I would run into them, but I did! Judy told me to look for two people with white hair. When I saw them here I immediately just went up to them and asked them if they were related to Judy Stone. They wanted me to tell Judy hello, they were really happy to talk with me.
 






Mom you asked about how I feel the time has gone. Technically but not really I have been out a month tomorrow! Today the group ahead of us just left the CCM so now my group is the oldest and considered ´´advanced.´´yikes. Time is going by fast in the CCM. The weeks fly by! I feel so scared yet so excited to get out in the field.
 



My roomates whom I adore. They left us today:(



We went proselyting on Saturday. Always an adventure. I was put with one of my roomates Sister Gomez from Argentina! Such a blessing! We went with two members to some less actives houses and street contacted. It´s crazy how hard it is to street contact and teach a real person in Spanish. I kind of almost freeze everytime. But I did share my testimony probably 3 times. We only got into one house. We taught him a short lesson his name was Waldo. At the end of our lesson, my comp nudged me and said invite him to church. We´ve been practicing inviting people to church all week long. So I did! I just looked straight at him and said ´´Asistira a la inglesia manana?´´ And he said ME? and I said yes. Then he said ´´Si!´´ That was my first real comitment I have ever done before and he accepted! Then I shared a short testimony and asked him to give the closing prayer. Wow I get nervous, but I can do it.

When you go on a mission you just want to be the best person, you want to make people change, you want to change yourself, and you want to make Heavenly Father happy. But you can´t become that person all in one day or night. I don´t feel like I have changed all that much since I have been here like I had expected to before I left on my mission. I wish I could say I have become some spiritual giant out here. Though I am still the same Sarah I feel like my desires have totally changed. I just want to be so much better. I don´t want to just go through the motions. I have a fear of coming home and not changing a bit. But I know that I am and I will change. D&C 4:3 ´´Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God ye are called to the work.´´ And that is why I am here. I have the deepest desire to reach my full potential in life and to serve God. We had a devotional this last week and Elder Waudel (first quorum of the seventy) and his wife spoke to us. He said ´´To know and to do exhaults us. To know and to not do condemns us.´´ I know and I know many of you know what you need to do. So do it. Make the changes you need to make in your life. I am trying to learn to wait upon the Lord. I am giving my life to Him. I just hope to give everything I got these next 17 months and have no regrets. I am so grateful that I have the chance to walk a small portion of what He walked, to feel some of the pain that He felt, and I hope to to shed one tear that He shed for me. Because I owe EVERYTHING to Christ.





Sorry I am getting preachy I guess that happens. Not much happened this last week--just the gospel ya know. I have been able to play the piano a lot for people here which I love. It´s so hard not to have any music here. We can´t even listen to church music. So every chance I get to play a hymn I take. I am reading the Book of Mormon and understanding it more than I ever have before. It is filled with power and the most powerful people. I love what Elder Holland said in I talk I heard this last week, ´´Missionary work is not easy because salvation is not cheap.´´ This is the greatest work in the whole world. I feel so blessed to be a part of it. I am going to Gather Israel, what could be better.

Love you love you xoxo.

 
Hermana S





No comments:

Post a Comment